Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Just a little background regarding how and why took up Belly Dancing.... well here goes*A little over 2 years ago I was doing yoga on a daily bases..... sometimes going to classes twice a day.... yes I always go full throttle into new activities*I joined a yoga studio where I could take unlimited classes.....and they offered Belly Dancing.... so I thought why not give it a try .... I had nothing to lose* I immediately feel in love with belly dancing but the teacher at the yoga studio wasn't very good with teaching beginners so I sought out a real Belly Dancing studio*Believe or not one of the largest Belly Dancing Studio is in Bedford Tx * The Studio has a well developed format for advancement (which involves performaning and testing out on choregraphies..... I'm currently taking classes (one and half hour class)3 days a week (makin up for lost time)*The studio is very empowering...... Women of all ages and sizes are embraced and welcomed*We are given opportunities through out the year to perform .... it is really fun deciding on your costume and for me that includes wigs since my hair is salt and pepper and cut in a funky style*I have made so many friends taking classes* It is great exercise and best of all it is so fun it doesn't feel like exercise

No comments: